Thursday, November 12, 2015

Retro Video Game Ads

How awesome were they?

I was thumbing through some of my old comics, and I was overcome with nostalgia.  I took two trips down memory lane for the cost of one.

I find retro video game ads fascinating.  Maybe I need to get a life, maybe, but they simply remind me of the awesome part of my life that was childhood.

So, I decided to snap a few pics of the ads in my comics.  I'm no photographer, but I just wanted to share these.  This is a picture heavy blog post.  I'm sorry they're not lined up all pretty.  I couldn't get them to act right.  It bugs me because I have OCD, but I hope it doesn't deter you from enjoying them.  

I realize the X-Men pic is of a video tape offer.  I included it anyway.  Pizza Hut used to have some awesome promotions.  It was an X-clusive (see what they did there).

I'm still working on my Fallout post.  I want it to be good, but it's coming.  Enjoy!


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles handheld game


TurboGrafx-16
Nintendo Double Player

NBA All-Star Challenge 2

BurgerTime
Q*Bert


NFL Quarterback Club
Alien Vs. Predator


X-Men video offer with Pizza Hut

Spyro the Dragon
Atari Lynx


The Incredible Crash Dummies

Total Recall
Street Fighter II Turbo


Mortal Kombat

Doom Troopers: Mutant Chronicles
Spawn the Video Game


Krusty's Fun House, Krusty's Super Fun House

Mega Man 5
Alien 3


Dick Vitale's "Awesome Baby!" College Hoops

Wolverine Admantium Rage
NFL Quarterback Club


NBA Jam

Wizardry V
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers


No comments :

Post a Comment